Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Kayaking on 4-12-2015 Clopper-Seneca State Park next week Tridelphia Lake WSSC

Well, I had a wonderful and I mean truly wonderful day of kayaking on Sunday, April 12, 2015
It was beautiful....

I set out for Black Hill Regional but it had been rented out for a festival.  I am off on Sundays but I try not to go anywhere that may be crowded.  Black Hill is so big 500+ acre lake, I know there will be plenty of solitude somewhere on the lake.  My fun is solitude in kayaking.

So, I turned around after a chat with the policeman sitting by the entry and he said I could go in and go kayaking, but again, I like solitude and I really am not into audiences when I set up.

So much for that.... I went to Clopper.... Seneca Creek State Park   Seneca Creek State Park accross from MVA off Clopper Road...
Right next to the Boat House 


State Park Pass and Regional Pass are the two mandatory things for my fun summers.  Then I have no other fees to travel around the lakes.  WSSC reservoirs and that requires a WSSC pass unless over 64.  I did not get that this year yet...oops just read the WSSC website... so if you are a senior citizen you don't need the pass, just evidence of age... There is free access for handicapped and under 16 and over 64 years of age.
Boat Launch Tridelphia Lake 70. seasonal pass at office
Triadelphia (Brighton Dam) and Rocky Gorge (T. Howard Duckett Dam) Reservoirs are surrounded by 5,600 acres of wooded property that comprises the WSSC portion of the Patuxent watershed. Both properties store a combined surface area of 1,600 acres of raw water which is used to supply customers in Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties.
WSSC vistors pay a fee for fishing from portions of the shorelines of reservoirs; fishing and recreation boating on large areas of the reservoirs; mooring of personal boats (80.00 seasonal mooring fee); horseback riding on designated bridle trails; and hunting in specific areas No swimming, but kayaking and fishing, boating is allowed.

Golden Age Pass (62+) 10. lifetime for State Parks MD gets you a cabin for halfprice in State Parks Sunday thu Thurs  DNR has internet map of boat launches for kayaks in MD.....  lots of fun.

 I am focusing on fun and saving for my vacations this year in Berlin near OC.



No comments:

Post a Comment