Monday, March 9, 2015

Kayakin' Crazy but The Water is barely there!

So, spring is trying to pop out, the birds were singing and I was thinking how beautiful it was out.  My kayak always being in my hatchback ready to go, I decided to drive out to the local and closest Lake in Rockville, MD.   I pulled up to Lake Needwood my favorite spot and not  a drop of water to be seen........   I then proceeded to go to Black Hill Regional - 20930 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds, Maryland 20841 - Really just past Germantown Milestone Shopping Center off 355.  This is such a beautiful Park - more than 2,000 acres -Little Seneca Lake is more than 500 acres in size.

From The Regional Parks Website---
"Explore the beauty of nature on the Black Hill Water Trail. Rent a canoe, kayak or rowboat (or bring your own), pick up a laminated Water Trail map, and take a self-guided discovery tour of Little Seneca Lake" -"All boats must comply with Maryland State, U.S. Coast Guard and M-NCPPC regulations and standards. Use of gasoline motors is strictly prohibited; only electric motors are permitted. All boats must be off the lake by official sunset. For a complete list of regulations

http://www.montgomeryparks.org/enterprise/park_facilities/boats/blackhill/blackhill_boating.shtm


Brochure to Print   They haven't put on the new one yet.

 Today March 8, 2015  The lake is totally covered....
You could barely see water from my boat ramp normal entry
Some of the lake is thawing by the pontoon boat ramp

Then I went back to Lake Needwood on the way home and saw the water starting to show and the geese coming in for a landing...  in the morning the geese were on top of the water.. When I went back some had found some water where the ice had thawed......
Where I usually enter Lake Needwood

The water was pretty much covered up to the island
See the poor little duckies and Geese heads as they want water
Well, I guess I just have to wait for more water..... but sooon..... cause I am Kayakin' Crazy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment