Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Fish Story.... Herons THREE

Well, today May 1, 2015 started out cloudy but turned into a beautiful day ....  I went up to Black Hill Regional...

Feathered friends were out all around

So, I backed my hatchback up and

all my necessary items... anchor, cooler, monopod, cameras, fishing stuff....

and the kayak

which went from that to this to....

and away we went

 What a day....

Soo... My fish story

 

Tooling along and throw out my rod line when I get way up the water trail past the boating and visitors center....

Rod starts to bend...? Snag... then it bends more


wait... something is pulling

Then it drags me..kayak and equipment and all... against the current.. back towards the boat ramp

So it dragged us about 50 feet and then the line snapped... I was using one of those little fake fishes that looks real when it is in the water...so I guess it swallowed it whole and then just started swimming.....

Wonder what it was?

So  I was disappointed but then.....

 

So Not just one but Three Heron... what a pleasure...

Such fun and the bluebirds were there of course....

They were all over, but flitting around with a merry tune

No comments:

Post a Comment