Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A New Bird... Seneca Creek State Park...Kayaking on Clopper Lake

May 5, 2015 ... Tuesday..Day off...
I proceeded to hope the weather forecast was wrong and since it was my day off away I went to Clopper Lake accross from the MVA on 117 in Gaithersburg-Germantown, MD ....

My trustee State Park Annual Season Pass was hanging from my Rearview Mirror, but to no avail....There was no one at the gate station house, so I proceeded to the boathouse ramp...

There were two other kayakers that arrived with their hard kayaks at the same time...
I put up my broken rod thinking I would re-string it, but that didn't happen.. The big fish has left it's mark.  I can't figure out how to string my other rod with the spinning reel so I settled from taking pictures with my monopod and my zoom.....
Away I go...

Soooo   I am piddling and paddling and low and behold... I see a bird fishing... I couldn't get a picture fast enough as he was catching fish and then slinging them back and forth with his mouth, but I did get a few after pictures.  I had not seen one like this before.

He has already eaten and is studying as he digests.
He has spotted me
So WHAT IS HE THINKING?
He stayed in this position for about 5-10 minutes
I think he was telling me something!

His friends didn't care either!
They seem to be having a Turtle Committee Meeting!
A Picture is worth a thousand words!!
Another Great Day off in the Kayak at Clopper Lake in Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment