Monday, June 1, 2015

Check off Pocomoke River State Park Kayaking Trip



Well, it was kind of windy, but I forced myself to drive from my personal paradise down to Pocomoke River State Park and check out the Kayaking......

I drove into Shads Landing and parked...
Boat Ramps and a small kayak trail through the Corker's Creek Blackwater Canoe and Kayak Trail

Plenty of Parking and more than one boat ramp
You can go in either direction and it is 2 mile trail about an hour and half
I went to the left after entering from the boat ramp Brought my own kayak so there was no fees 
 As you enter the cypress swamp and follow the edge of the designated Pocomoke River Wildlands, it is tranquil flat water until you hit the river itself.
 The reflection of the trees and sky in the water is an eerie feeling yet beautiful if you remain calm....(not many markers so it is easy to feel lost after about 30 minutes and wonder if you are going the right way.   
Take your water and bugspray... I use Bullfrog combo sunscreen and bugspray... seems to work for every insect(3rd year using this stuff)
 As the path narrows and darkens the sounds of the birds echoes loudly
 I only saw one marker as I came out of the swamp
 I saw this marker but was not really sure what it meant... I wandered out into the River
 You can see how still the swamp water is... and then the River was very windy
I just kept going to my right once out of the blackwater swamp
There was a congregation of large motor boats(yachts?) on the River with people diving in and swimming off the boats
It was a beautiful Trail-maybe I will go another time now that I found I cannot get lost there...

No comments:

Post a Comment