Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kayaking at Gaithersburg, Maryland Seneca Creek State Park on Clopper Road - Clopper Lake

June 9 - Tuesday  I paddled at Clopper Lake

There with the lake to myself until around 7:30  park closes at 8:30

I had many wonderful paddle hours and even stopped at the end and read my book while I anchored for a little while

I have a Seasonal Pass Hang Tag from DNR that I hang from my auto mirror to drive through the gate - boat ramp is easy and a small parking lot there for the boaters although on Sundays it sometimes gets filled by picnicers from accross the way  The daily fees are collected at the gate, but it is not always manned mostly on Weekends-Sat and Sun or before 3PM weekdays..  I try to make everything simple pay at the beginning of the year so I can just drive through wherever I go...

A golden age pass may work here.


Link to the Park Site


Beautiful day on the Lake
Very Quiet-a bit windy and I only saw one wild friend




























 Sometimes you have to look really hard-from a distance he    blended in and looked like part of the tree


 As usual  he looked at me and decided he would do a standoff

He let me take some pictures and preened a little



He watched me out of the side of his eye
He made sure he was ready to pose
         He seemed to look right at me and then took off?!
He just moved over so he could let me get close and he posed
He let me get very close, then he changed positions alternately
Once the contortions started I decided to paddle on
Got out my Trusty anchor and read some more of my book


A Good Day for a Paddle around!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment